Academic Tutor Job Description
The primary purpose of this position is to assist high school students in the NACEE- TRIO Program(s) in academic skill building for core curricula courses
NACEE Tutor must have a minimum of two year postsecondary academic and must demonstrate a mastery of the subject area which the he or she is designated to tutor. The Academic Tutor must have cumulative grade point average of 2.80 or above. It is required that he/she exhibits sensitivity toward TRO students. It is preferred that tutors have experience in teaching, peer tutoring, mentoring, and demonstrate a potential for leadership.
- Tutor students in a variety of academic subjects
- Assist students with the development of study skills
- Mentor students in the area of academics and college application
The NACEE TRIO Programs offer tutoring in most high school subjects.
Reports to the NACEE Staff on duty
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tutor students individually and in groups in a variety of subjects
- Teach study skills that assist students in preparation for postsecondary education.
- Provide an maintain an atmosphere conductive to learning and retaining materials studied
- Inform the Education Specialist of any academic or disciplinary problems that impede tutorial progress
- Demonstrate a commitment, through mentoring, to assist socio-economically disadvantaged students develop motivational skills necessary for success in college.
- Mentor students by participating in educational/cultural activities
- Maintain accurate and timely records of student contact and maintain confidentiality.
- Utilize the resources of NACEE to the fullest extent possible to benefit students are low-income and first generation families.
- Other duties as assigned.
$10.00 – $20.00 dollars an hour based upon degree and experience.
Monday and Wednesday 3:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday – Thursday 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Contact: North Alabama Center for Educational Excellence – 256-372-4600