Administrative Assistant Job Description
The North Alabama Center for Educational Excellence, a TRIO program funded by the Department of Education, seeks an Administrative Assistant who will promote and foster positive communication with its participants, local community agencies, students and college staff. Duties include conducting and/or responding to surveys and inquiries relating to its participants, compose narrative portions of documents such as brochures and policy statements, and coordinate with other TRIO staff members on practices and procedures, and serve as a liaison between the executive director, program manager, counselors, advisors and other NACEE staff, and members of the community regarding program information and processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare memorandums, letters, publications, forms and materials for the program staff.
- Answer telephone; transfer calls appropriately.
- Organize, order and purchase project supplies.
- Maintain staff attendance records and submit semi and monthly reports.
- Monitor, balance, record and report monthly all expenditures for grant budget.
- Sort, screen and distribute incoming mail.
- Maintain an organized filing system.
- Assist director with agencies and U.S. Department of Education reports.
- Assist project staff to ensure effective use of technology.
- Assist with the input of student and staff data for reporting requirements mandated by U.S. Department of Education.
- Guide and monitor the work of student employees in concert with the director.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Essential Functions and Abilities
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Microsoft® Outlook, Word, Excel, Blumen®, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations within the community and the general public.
- Ability to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors in written correspondence.
- Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs.
- Ability to accurately prepare records and reports.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff personnel and complete all associated Blumen® reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to effectively assist the project staff with written reports and other documents.
- Ability to manage office processes to ensure that students are being properly assisted
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Associates Degree
- High school graduate or at least two years previous office experience.
- Successful score of 70% or better on the Microsoft Word and Excel ProveIt assessment.
- Previous budgeting experience.
- A background check will be required of the successful applicant.Salary negotiable upon the applicant’s qualifications.
- Please submit a completed employment application, a current resume, and unofficial transcripts. Bring by the office or mail to: Attn: Office of the President, 513 Sparkman Drive, Huntsville, AL 35816