North Alabama Center for Educational Excellence Strategic Plan
One NACEE, One Vision, One Mission
NACEE Vision Statement
1. Connecting students with people who care.
2. Transforming students’ lives.
3. Promoting an environment of academic excellence, trust, respect, open communication, responsibility, and civic mindedness to create a foundation for participant’s futures.
NACEE Mission Statement
NACEE’s mission is to encourage and assist participants in northern Alabama counties and portions of southern Tennessee who are traditionally under-represented in postsecondary education because of income, family educational background, disability, or other relevant federal, state/provincial, or institutional criteria, in preparing for entry to, and completion of a postsecondary degree.
NACEE Belief Statement
Through ongoing professional development, the center’s staff creates and implements comprehensive services and opportunities, which foster student growth through academic endeavors, cultural enrichment, social interaction, and service to others. NACEE staff is accessible, approachable, and passionate about the successes of every participant so each may become a productive educated individual. NACEE’s aim is to:
- Foster student success by recognizing that all individuals have value and deserve respect.
- Encourage its participants to strive to become personally accountable, resourceful, and creative.
- Maintain high expectations and standards while extending a sense of community and support that provide opportunities for self-discovery and mentoring in meeting their personal goals.
- Afford students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills in an environment that is supportive
- Be student-centered and learning-focused by helping students elevate their educational level and enhance their personal growth and development.
- Empower students to cultivate the skills necessary to live productively in a diverse and complex global society.
Updated as of 5/2013